Real Property Tax
Paradigm Tax Group’s real property review and appeal services are performed by our own consultants who are primarily
certified appraisers and former tax assessors. These experts work on behalf of the client and are experienced in performing
annual assessment reviews, filing and presenting tax appeal cases to local tax assessors and assessment boards. Our consultants
are also qualified to assist clients in obtaining abatements and exemptions, many of which clients are not aware are
available to them.
Below are steps that our consultants use to identify, qualify, present and finally earn a reduction in tax burden:
- Make arrangements at client’s convenience to conduct an onsite inspection of client site.
- Review assessor documentation of client site in order to ensure that no technical errors exist.
- Prepare a report to assist client in the ad valorem tax administration of its real estate portfolio, making a recommendation
to client as to the accuracy of assessment.
- If it is determined that the assessment is unfair, and client agrees, follow through with all steps necessary to
achieve an equitable assessment level.
- Provide a recommendation to client regarding the findings of the final assessment.
- Check all assessment notices for accuracy, taking action as necessary to correct errors, including formal appeals.
- Check all tax bills for accuracy, taking action as necessary to correct errors, including formal appeals.
- Transmit tax bill approval/payment vouchers to appropriate client personnel if client deems such service necessary.
- Prepare annual estimates of individual property tax liability for budgetary purposes.
- Prepare periodic property specific informational and performance reports as determined by client requirements.
- Act as consultant for ancillary purposes, such as "new facility" location analysis, recommend action to take advantage
of special jurisdictional tax reduction incentives, periodic tax awareness presentations to key client personnel, etc.
More information about real property tax firm.