Pre-Acquisition Due Diligence
When a commercial real estate owner looks to acquire additional properties, it is vital that they conduct pre-acquisition due diligence and property tax estimates, which forecasts a property’s real estate tax liability for 4-5 years following the acquisition.
Your Partner in Due Diligence
As a strategic partner in pre-acquisition due diligence, Paradigm’s dedicated team of tax professionals can develop a forecast that fits your needs. In order to best serve our clients, we have developed a unique and robust system consisting of three separate tiers of tax estimates:
Some of the questions Paradigm will review with you when determining the pre-acquisition due diligence estimate include:
- Is this a disclosure state?
- What is the discount to purchase price?
- What is the assessed value?
- What is the millage rate?
- What should we assume for tax rate growth going forward?
- Can we avoid a reassessment through an entity purchase?
In addition to these questions, our team will also review and provide insight on the following tax liability items as well:
(within Tier 2 & Tier 3)
- Sale Impact on Assessed Value
- Occurrence of Property Reassessment
- Tax Rate Assumptions
- Tax Bill Due Dates
- Disposition Values Effect on Future Value
- And Additional Considerations
Nationwide PresenceGet Started Today
Paradigm is one of the only property tax firms with a national footprint, operating over 20 offices throughout the United States and over 180 full-time property tax professionals. Paradigm’s team has an excellent track record and consistently displays the requisite mix of technical knowledge, understanding of local market nuances, and dedication it takes to get results for our clients.
If you are considering an acquisition and want to get started on a pre-acquisition due diligence review, contact the experts at Paradigm Tax Group today.